It's Really Not All That Bad!


For years, I've been told that there are two types of people: pessimists and optimists. I’ve also been told that there are realists, optimistic pessimists and pessimistic optimists. I suppose the variations could go on and on. I once heard a sermon that was very realistic. The preacher laid bare the bad, unembellished facts. As I left that service, the conclusion in my hearts was “Boy, things are really bad. Everything and everyone is bad. The church is bad. I must be really bad.” I left discouraged, defeated, more a pessimist than ever, even hurt. I didn’t want to do a thing but sit in my chair and languish. All hope was seemingly gone.
Gradually, God brought healing to my heart through His written Word and the guidance of the Holy Spirit. He showed me that although the facts may show things to be bad, God was still good, He was still on His throne in control, the sky wasn’t about to fall, and that although there was a lot of sin and even hate in this world, God’s amazing grace and love remain also, and they are stronger than the evil. I John 3:20 states “For if our heart condemn us, God is greater than our heart, and knoweth all things.” God is greater! If when my heart condemns me, my Heavenly father is much greater than my deceitful heart.
And, Scripture says that God knows all things. There is no such thing as time with Him. He’s already in my tomorrow! He know me perfectly. He remains Almighty God, all-powerful, unchanging, everywhere present at the same time, all-knowing. So, when you think it’s over, that there is no hope for you, it’s all doom and gloom, look up at your God and Saviour Jesus Christ. The church is His, not yours to worry about. You are His child and He cares for you. The world is in His control. Trust Him! Trust Him! Trust Him! Luke 21:28 challenges us to “look up and lift up your heads; for your redemption draweth nigh.” It will be OK.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog